PROFESSIONAL METROLOGY-GRADE 3D SCANNERS
When accuracy meets versatility and portability
The HandySCAN 3D™ line-up is the reference in portable metrology‑grade 3D scanner. Now in its 3rd generation, it has been optimized to meet the needs of design, manufacturing and metrology professionals looking for the most effective and reliable way to acquire accurate 3D measurements of physical objects anywhere.
This fast and versatile patented handheld 3D scanner is easy-to-use and generates highly accurate and repeatable results—even in difficult environments and with complex surfaces.
Accuracy of 0.025 mm
Large scanning area
Scan-to-mesh in seconds
- The HandySCAN 3D delivers accurate, high-resolution and repeatable results, regardless of the measurement setup quality and no matter the user experience. Featuring dynamic referencing, both the scanner and part can move during measurement and still provide an accurate and high‑quality scan.
0.025 mm (0.0009 in)
- Volumetric accuracy
0.020 + 0.040 mm/m (0.0008 in + 0.0005 in/ft)
- Reliable acceptance test
Based on VDI/VDE 2634 part 3 standard
ISO 17025 accredited laboratory
- High resolution for fine details
- This handheld 3D scanner is a stand-alone device that does not require a tripod nor any external tracking device to operate. Fitting in a small suitcase, it can be brought anywhere and used in any environmental conditions without affecting its performance.
0.94 kg (2.1 lb)
- Self-positioning with dynamic referencing
- Fits into a suitcase
- Take it anywhere you need
- The HandySCAN 3D scanner features multiple laser crosses and an automatic mesh generation, enabling a faster workflow from the set-up to the scan and then to the file!
- Ready-to-use files
- High measurement rate
Up to 1,300,000 measurements/s
- Large scanning area of 11 laser crosses
- Quick setup
Up-and-running in less than 2 minutes
Simplicity and Versatility
With its user-friendly interface and ergonomic design, this 3D measurement solution is easy-to-use and has a short learning curve. Its versatility gives the opportunity to scan various object sizes and surface types in real time—all with the same device.
Plug and play
Simple user interface and real‑time mesh visualization
Masters complex and difficult surfaces
One device for all shapes and sizes
Looking for the ultimate portable metrology-grade 3D scanner for quality control or product development?
Our experts will find the perfect 3D measurement solution for you!
Innovating technology that provides TRUaccuracy™, TRUsimplicity™, TRUportability™ as well as real speed to your metrology-grade applications.
|HandySCAN 307™||HandySCAN BLACK™||HandySCAN BLACK™ | Elite|
|Accuracy(1)||Up to 0.040 mm
(based on part size)
|0.020 mm + 0.100 mm/m
(0.0008 in + 0.0012 in/ft)
|0.020 mm + 0.060 mm/m
(0.0008 in + 0.0007 in/ft)
|0.020 mm + 0.040 mm/m
(0.0008 in + 0.0005 in/ft)
|Volumetric accuracy with
MaxSHOT Next™ | Elite(3)
|0.020 mm + 0.015 mm/m
(0.0008 in + 0.00018 in/ft)
|Measurement resolution||0.100 mm
|Mesh resolution||0.200 mm
|Measurement rate||480,000 measurements/s||800,000 measurements/s||1,300,000 measurements/s|
|Light source||7 red laser crosses||7 blue laser crosses||11 blue laser crosses
(+ 1 extra line)
|Scanning area||275 x 250 mm
(10.8 x 9.8 in)
|310 x 350 mm
(12.2 x 13.8 in)
|Stand-off distance||300 mm
|Depth of field||250 mm
|Part size range (recommended)||0.1–4 m
|Output formats||.dae, .fbx, .ma, .obj, .ply, .stl, .txt, .wrl, .x3d, .x3dz, .zpr, .3mf|
|Compatible software *||
|122 x 77 x 294 mm
(4.8 x 3.0 x 11.6 in)
|142 x 79 x 288 mm
(5.6 x 3.1 x 11.3 in)
|Connection standard||1 X USB 3.0|
|Operating temperature range||5-40 °C
|Operating humidity range
|Certifications||EC Compliance (Electromagnetic Compatibility Directive, Low Voltage Directive), compatible with rechargeable batteries (when applicable), IP50, WEEE|
|Patents||CA 2,600,926, CN 200680014069.3, US 7,912,673, CA 2,656,163, EP (FR, UK, DE) 1,877,726, AU 2006222458, US 8,032,327, JP 4,871,352, US 8,140,295, EP (FR, UK, DE) 2,278,271, EP (FR, UK, DE) 2,230,482, IN 266,573, US 7,487,063, CA 2,529,044, EP (FR, UK, DE) 3,102,908, US 15/114,563, CN 201580007340X|
(1) HandySCAN BLACK and HandySCAN BLACK Ι Elite (ISO 17025 accredited): Based on VDI/VDE 2634 part 3 standard. Probing error performance is assessed with diameter measurements on traceable sphere artefacts (ISO 17025 accredited). HandySCAN 307: Typical value for diameter measurement on a calibrated sphere artefact.
(2) HandySCAN BLACK and HandySCAN BLACK Ι Elite (ISO 17025 accredited): Based on VDI/VDE 2634 part 3 standard. Sphere-spacing error is assessed with traceable length artefacts by measuring these at different locations and orientations within the working volume. HandySCAN 307: Value for spheres spacing measurement on a calibrated length artefact.
(3) The volumetric accuracy of the system when using a MaxSHOT 3D cannot be superior to the default volumetric accuracy of the chosen system and model.
The HandySCAN 3D comes with VXelements, which powers our entire suite of 3D scanning and measurement technologies. It combines all the essential tools you need from data acquisition to CAD Software, in a user-friendly, simplified and sleek working environment.
Dimensional inspection software module
Scan-to-CAD software module
NDT pipeline integrity assessment software